Tuesday, July 31, 2007

working it out...


I think the worst thing about having a boring office job IS the fact that it is a boring office job. How tech support companies make money and stay open is beyond me. I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to say we generate any REAL work here. I for instance do maybe 2 hours of REAL, honest to god work here in an 8 hour shift. The rest of my time is spent trying to invent new ways to NOT work. The internet proxies at these places are always downright oppressive. You can't get to anything good, so you're forced to read every article that's ever been written on wikipedia, and CNN.com. That really only gets you so far into the day. Sometimes I find myself trying to sleep just so the time will pass. Blogs sometimes get you through the day, but eventually you've read all of the "older posts" and then you have to wait for them to be updated. So you update your own blog with a bunch of useless crap about how your job sucks, while you wait for somebody else to update their blog about how much their job sucks. Technology has brought us so far.

No comments: